Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bouncing Balls

Hallo.

I am beginning a BA Animation at the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (DJCAD, or DoJ for short). We're encouraged to keep a blog of work so, to start off with, here are three of my first ever hand drawn animations.

Animation 101 usually starts you off with the Bouncing Ball. It teaches you three of the twelve Fundamental Principles of Animation: squash & stretch, timing and arcs. I'm looking into acquiring a scanner of some sort so I can upload my notebook work which explains this all further. Meanwhile the .avi files on there own will be here to keep you company.

This was my second bouncing ball, a correction of the first which was missing some pretty important frames.

video

Having grasped the concept I decided to play around with the setting. This bouncing ball is on a diving board:

video


Here I decided to play with perspective:


video

All three still have some creases that need ironing before I can hand them in to be assessed but overall the feedback I got from the Group Crit (constructive criticism class) was positive.

Next week: Walk Cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment