Monday, November 9, 2009

Flour Sack Keyframes

Hallo!

Flour sack catch up time! I spent the whole day fixing the volume and line on my flour sack keyframes and forgot to bring them home with me! Oops. I do have the rough draft though, so I will upload that instead. I've played a lot with the timing since the really crude animatic I had in the last post. I've found that my animation is just a bunch of pauses interspersed with very shorts bursts of inbetweens. It seems to be more about timing the pauses than timing the movement between them, which is strange, and I've found this to be very unlike what anyone else is doing, which scares me a little. Maybe I'm not doing enough work. Or maybe I'm just looking at it in the wrong way. Whichever way, though, I don't feel like I have the same amount of work to do as the rest of the class. Everyone seems really snowed under and stressed and I'm not finding it too bad. Maybe that's just me. Hmmm... who knows.

Anyway here he is so far:

video

From this animation I've tidied it up, like I said, and fixed most of the volume problems (he starts getting kinda fat towards the end). I started animating the poster rip section at the end of the day today, and I'll hopefully get it finished by the end of the day tomorrow. I sat ripping up bits of paper at my desk to help me begin to understand how to animate it. I think I've got it down, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding. If I get it onto the line tester tomorrow then I'll try and get it blogged tomorrow night. That's if I get it done. We'll see.

Had a lecture today on animations during WWII, and they're quite scary. They're obviously quite racist and heavy on the propaganda, and watching them just now, in this day and age, it seems really unsubtle and almost awkward to watch. There was one where the "Seven Wise Dwarves", from Snow White, take all the diamonds they've collected from mining and exchange them for bonds (includes some very shameless dubbing and very poor animation), and another where it's literally just Bugs Bunny singing about how we should "Buy a Share of Freedom" by buying bonds. It's crazy!

Right, I think this is enough for tonight. I will update soon! I'm starting to lag behind with this blog so I will do my best to keep on top of it! Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment