Friday, October 8, 2010

Life Drawing 08/10/10

 This week's life drawing was on "Different Leg Poses", and we got to draw the lady again today which was a nice change!  I am surprisingly happy with the drawings this week especially 'cause I really felt like I was struggling to get started on a lot of the sketches.  I got there in the end though.  Reinhard was commenting that he's noticing we aren't being as pernickety with detail as we once were, and this was exactly what I was thinking when I was drawing.  I've bought myself some new "thin" willow charcoal (lies!  They're as thick as my thumb.  Big, stupid, cumbersome things) and I was finding myself giving up on the finer details and trying to keep my drawing clean.  I like it, and I'm really happy with the end results.

The timing for all the poses are beside each picture, most were 10 minute, but  a couple were different (the chair and kneeling poses).  All were drawn using FAT willow charcoal.




2 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the way you draw feet. The one with the stool is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff! I think I have a practically untouched box of willow charcoal somewhere, might give it a try next time =)

    Funnily enough, Reinhard said he thought I was much neater than last semester, when a lot of my stuff was very scribbly indeed.

    ReplyDelete