Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life Drawing - Dancers at Space 09/02/11

Sooooo today we went back to Dundee's Scottish School for Contemporary Dance at the Space for another morning of drawing dancers (last year's efforts can be found here).  We sat and watched some of the first years doing some warm up exercises (which was mental impossible to draw cause they were literally running around all over the place) then went and watched some third years (I think) time-out the choreography for a soon-to-be-performed play.  I forgot how incredibly difficult it is to draw people in motion, I really struggled with it, so I ended up just drawing them at rest or simply sat and watched them dance, which was pretty fun.  Good to get some more obs drawing in the books again, I've been neglecting it terribly-so recently.






No comments:

Post a Comment