Friday, March 25, 2011

Life Drawing - 25/03/11

Our last life drawing of the year!  Sad times.  I didn't feel at my best during this session, although I don't mind the work I produced.  It felt like I would draw something, get it entirely wrong, erase it, draw it again, and THEN it would look right.  Just felt really roundabout and it took an irritatingly long time to get the proportions right, or at least to a standard I was happy with.

The first set were 20 minutes long, then after the break (the second two pictures) we did quick 5 minute poses.  Short poses aren't something that we do very often and I definitely think it's something I'm going to need to work on in the future.  I'm hopefully going to be setting up some of my own life drawing this Friday to make up for the couple of classes I missed this semester.  Been out doing a lot of observational work recently as well so I'll try and get them up on here at some point too.

All drawings done using willow charcoal (proper thin willow charcoal too which my Mam and I found in an art shop in Aberdeen - yey!).




No comments:

Post a Comment