Monday, October 10, 2011

Character & Environment Test

Suba's been working her ass off on getting the background designs all worked out for the animation and she's hit on this FANTASTIC tree design for the cherry blossom in the park.  She's hit the nail on the head and it looks like we've pretty much got our final style all worked out!  I stole her tree off her earlier today and added my characters into the image to see how they're all working together, and I personally think it's looking lovely!  I turned it into a nice wee banner for our film blog, as the old one had become fairly irrelevant of late.



It's all slowly coming together! Yey! 


x L

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely working well. Are you planning to animate in Flash? I think the characters would lend themselves to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tom! Thank you for the comment! :D Your comment has prompted much conversation today on the topic of how we're actually gonna animate this. I can see what you mean about them being good for Flash animation, I wish I actually liked Flash then that would be a really sensible way of getting things done.

    I really want to animate traditionally, but the problems I'm having to get my head around is I would like to maintain the same sort of thickness of outline that I have on the characters in the picture above. I was thinking about maybe going the same route as Mark Haldane on 'Conflicting Ideas', using ink to clean-up, but maybe using a slightly thicker pen. I'll have to get some animation tests together and try it out though. The last thing I was is a line that boils. We shall see!

    Hope Veggie Pirates is going well! Been following the blog, can't wait to see more stuff! We overheard some of the second years raving about your project, yours and Brain Damage seem to be the ones to watch!

    x L

    ReplyDelete